[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Saving long spanning process in jBPM 4.0

nazarfm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 7 08:27:23 EDT 2009

Let's say this is the workflow:
[img]http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9325/screenshotukr.png[/img]

<process name="phoneCheckProcess" key="PCP" xmlns="http://jbpm.org/4.0/jpdl">
  | 	<start g="72,187,48,48" name="start">
  | 		<transition to="phoneCheck"/>
  | 	</start>
  |
  | 	<state continue="async" g="211,178,92,52" name="phoneCheck">
  | 		<on event="start">
  | 			<event-listener class="eventListener.MyEventListener"/>
  | 		</on>
  | 		<transition to="proceed"/>
  | 	</state>
  | 	<state g="390,181,92,52" name="proceed">
  |       <transition to="end"/>
  |    </state>
  | <end g="601,186,48,48" name="end" state="finished"/>
  | </process>

When execution reaches MyEventListener, I call a web-service that is asynchronous (for testing purposes i use a mock). When that function completes, it calls a callbackHandler.

I have a class that keeps a static processEngine so that I can access it from my test case and callback handler.

In my test case;
ProcessInstance processInstance = MyController.getInstance().getExecutionService().startProcessInstanceByKey("PCP");
  | 	    Execution executionInQuery = processInstance.findActiveExecutionIn("phoneCheck");
  | 	    assertNotNull("Supposed to be <phoneCheck>", executionInQuery);

Here, things go like this. The web-service is called, and it calls the calbackHandler. The callback handler, accesses the static Process engine and does the following:
ProcessInstance instance = getInstance().getExecutionService().signalExecutionById(executionId);
where execution id is retrieved from the eventListener.

Now this gives me the exception that the executionId does not exist. I cannot figure this out. I have been trying various things here, but it still doesn't work. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242178#4242178

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242178