[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: sticky_session=0 + UseJk=false + HTTP Session Replicatio

Hellaenergy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 16:37:34 EDT 2009

The reason I've chosen not to use sticky sessions is because theoretically at any time a node in the HW LB cluster could go down. If it does and the user gets directed to a different Apache + mod_jk node in the cluster what good is the sticky session then? I figure as long as session replication is turned on within my JBoss cluster I should be taken care of regardless if the originating HW or Soft LB node goes down.

With UseJK set to false it's been reported to me that JAAS replication wasn't happening as it should. I can neither confirm or deny that report because I have not seen the evidence to back it up. However, I am wondering if there is any possible way that could be true?

Also, if UseJK is set to true and jvmRoute is defined and mod_jk is still configured with sticky_session=0 is that ever a valid configuration?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242481#4242481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242481