[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Failed shutdown attempt

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 8 17:20:31 EDT 2009

I have never seen an "Address already in use" error when attempting to connect to a port as a client (as a server, yes, but never as a client). Use netstat to determine if the port is open. Also try running:

telnet localhost 1099

that should give you some gibberish as the output, but the key information is the hostname in that output - it could point to an issue in /etc/hosts. (I know there are several posts that discuss using telnet to debug this, but search doesn't yield any of them, so I can't point one out. So, could you post the telnet output and /etc/hosts file?)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242484#4242484

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242484