[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Jboss Portal DB Setup Issue

sambit_dixit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 00:14:41 EDT 2009

Hi,
   We are seeing a strange issue while setting up portal database. Initially we created a db user with system privileges ( similar to DBA privilege) and set this user under PortalDS datasource. Once we start the Jboss Portal Server. All the JBP/JBPM tables, Sequences( hibernate_sequence, portlet_sequence,portal_seq, instance_seq,sec_seq,user_seq) are created. We set up the portal and its security, themes etc through the admin console. Everything works fine using this db user.

Since this user has system privilege, there is a concern from DBAs as well as infrastructure to have a similar user with system privilege credential in production and staging environment.

As a next step, we created a new db user and granted "all" access to the JBP/JBPM tables and synonyms created for jboss portal sequences(hibernate_sequence, portlet_sequence,portal_seq, instance_seq,sec_seq,user_seq).  In the hibernate.cfg file the hbm2ddl.auto is set to "update".

When we started the jboss portal with the user credential of newly created user in PortalDS, the application server is starting fine with 3 of the sequences ( portal_seq, instance_seq, sec_seq) giving error as (e.g. Table Not Found: portal_seq), then when i try to login to portal using portal user or admin. It is not going through.

I'm wondering why not able to get into JBP when JBP is started with a DB user not having system privilege while it is working with a DB user having system privilege. Since the tables, sequences are already created and the newly created user is being given "all" privileges on the tables and sequence synonyms.

Has anyone faced this issue or this is a limitation in JBP ?

Appreciate your response ?

Regards
-Sambit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242509#4242509