[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: jboss-web-2.1.2.GA

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 11:45:44 EDT 2009

JBoss Web Server is a servlet container (it is based on Tomcat). Thus if all you want to write are web apps using, for example, servlets and JSPs, you can use it. If you want to do, for example, messaging, EJBs or web services(?) then you need JBoss AS.

To create a JBoss Web-based server in Eclipse, try using the Apache | Tomcat 6 selection. That worked for me. And the start times are much more reasonable (475ms on my dual-core laptop) as opposed to JBoss AS 5.1 (well over 30 seconds).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242662#4242662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242662