[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re:

nbhatia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 20:49:01 EDT 2009

Hi Tim,

To answer your questions:

- I am not mixing jars from beta1/2 with beta3. I have completely separate JBoss installations for JBoss+JBM.BETA1 and JBoss+JBM.BETA3. The JBoss installations were created by running ant in JBM's config\jboss-as directory with appropriate versions installed. Also since my app runs on JBoss, my ear does not contain any JBM jars.

- I also have acceptors and connectors on my beta 3 configuration just like clebert. We had talked about that issue on a separate thread, so I am aware of it. Specifically, I have copied jboss-messaging-2.0.0.BETA3\examples\javaee\mdb\server\jbm-configuration.xml to JBOSS_HOME\server\default-with-jbm2\deploy\messaging.sar\jbm-configuration.xml.

- I tried doing a JCA configuration as you suggested, but that crashed and burned! Specifically, the ant task that generates default-with-jbm2 creates a ra.xml that is fairly close to the example in the documentation. The default jms-ds.xml also creates a tx-connection-factory with jndi-name = JmsXA. So I simply changed my jndi lookup as follows, hope that's correct:

  | jndiContext = new InitialContext();
  | connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)
  |     jndiContext.lookup("/JmsXA");

I am not sure how to configure the listener part. Following the documentation example I changed my message listener as follows:

  | @MessageDriven(name = "TestMessageListener", activationConfig = {
  |          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  |          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/jmstest"),
  |          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="acknowledgeMode", propertyValue="Auto-acknowledge"),
  |          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="ConnectorClassName", propertyValue="org.jboss.messaging.integration.transports.netty.NettyConnectorFactory"),
  |          @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="ConnectionParameters", propertyValue="jbm.remoting.netty.port=5545")
  |     })
  | public class TestMessageListener implements MessageListener {
  | }

Of course, this doesn't work! I get the following exception:

  | Caused by: MessagingException[errorCode=2 message=Unable to connect to server using configuration org-jboss-messaging-integration-transports-netty-NettyConnectorFactory?jbm-remoting-netty-port=5545]
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ConnectionManagerImpl.createSession(ConnectionManagerImpl.java:294)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientSessionFactoryImpl.createSessionInternal(ClientSessionFactoryImpl.java:962)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientSessionFactoryImpl.createSession(ClientSessionFactoryImpl.java:706)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.ra.JBMResourceAdapter.createSession(JBMResourceAdapter.java:1261)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.ra.inflow.JBMActivation.setupSession(JBMActivation.java:359)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.ra.inflow.JBMActivation.setup(JBMActivation.java:306)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.ra.inflow.JBMActivation.start(JBMActivation.java:269)

What next?

BTW, couple of questions:

1) I see that we are creating a tx-connection-factory in jms-ds.xml. Where do we create an "rx-connection-factory"? Do these have to be seperate and different?

2) Why do we have low-level details like "jbm.remoting.netty.port=5545" in annotations? Is there any way to avoid them. My earlier configuration simply had this:

  | @MessageDriven(activationConfig={
  |         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  |         @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/jmstest")
  |      })

which seems quite logical, but I don't know how it figured out which connection factory to use. I would appreciate some clarification on this.

Thanks.
Naresh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242736#4242736

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242736