[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - MaxThreads?

pccontact168 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 10 04:38:44 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I have a SOAP application which call other server's SOAP and do some process. But the response time from another server is about 1-4 seconds.

I plan to setup JBoss on Q8200(4core Intel CPU) with 4GB RAM server.
The JVM Heap is about 2G.

My SOAP application use a Thread.Sleep(1000 until 4000) to simulate the process from another server's response.

As far as I know, each client request need one worker thread to handle the request no matter NIO or not(this is a SOAP request not static file).
Then the maxthreads is the key on the max. concurrent request my JBoss server can handle.

Now, I am wondering what is the max. # of the MaxThreads a JBoss application server can handle in my situation.

I tested on Glassfish Tomcat, it looks like about 500 only. That means the best throughput is at most 500 TPS(beacause each working thread has to wait at least 1 second).
Can JBoss better than that?

How is the configuration?

Thanks!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242785#4242785