[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: clientConnectAddress not working

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 23:01:54 EDT 2009

Hi John,

The fact is that "clientConnectAddress" is used only on the server side by org.jboss.remoting.transport.transport.Connector to generate an InvokerLocator from a declarative XML configuration (e.g., an MBean).  So, for example,

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |        name="jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=Socket"
  |        display-name="Socket transport Connector">
  |
  |    <attribute name="Configuration">
  |       <config>
  |          <invoker transport="socket">
  |             <attribute name="serverBindAddress">192.168.0.82</attribute>
  |             <attribute name="clientConnectAddress">216.23.33.2</attribute>

will cause the server to bind to 192.168.0.82 but will lead to the InvokerLocator

  | socket://216.23.33.2 ...

It is thus that the value of "clientConnectAddress" is communicated to the client, which looks only at the address in the InvokerLocator.

The discussion in Remoting Guide must be lacking, so I've created JIRA-1142 "Clarify use of "clientConnectAddress" in RemotingGuide" to remind me to extend it.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242742#4242742

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242742