[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: JBoss remoting - Compatability with non JBoss J2EE Appli

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 10 18:06:52 EDT 2009

Ok, I think I understand your question a little better.  It sounds like you want to run some "stealth" system started up in a servlet but otherwise independent of the Application Server.  Is that about right?

I can tell you that you can start up Remoting clients and servers in any context you like, as long as there's a jboss-remoting.jar sitting around.  For example, you could configure and start up a Remoting server (technically, create an org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector) in a servlet and then communicate with it from a client outside the Application Server, as long as the client creates an org.jboss.remoting.Client and connects it to the Connector.

Basically, you would be starting a Remoting client/server system like any other, except the server is running in the context of an Application Server.  There are simple examples in the Remoting distribution (go to Downloads on

http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting

) and discussion of the examples in the Remoting Guide (

http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/2.5/html/index.html

).

Let me know if you have more questions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243009#4243009