[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Will maxThreads increase JBoss Performance? Does JBoss use o

pccontact168 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 12 12:48:51 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I have a SOAP application which call other server's SOAP and do some process. But the response time from another server is about 1-4 seconds.

I plan to setup JBoss on Q8200(4core Intel CPU) with 4GB RAM server.
The JVM Heap is about 2G.

My SOAP application use a Thread.Sleep(1000 until 4000) to simulate the process from another server's response.

As far as I know, each client request need one worker thread to handle the request no matter NIO or not(this is a SOAP request not static file).
Then the maxthreads is the key on the max. concurrent request my JBoss server can handle.

Now, I am wondering what is the max. # of the MaxThreads a JBoss application server can handle in my situation.

I tested on Glassfish Tomcat, it looks like about 500 only. That means the best throughput is at most 500 TPS(beacause each working thread has to wait at least 1 second).
Can JBoss better than that?

How is the configuration?

Are there any factor to increase the max. # of response per second?

It looks like if I use another Thread Pool to distribute the request still hanged on the response time from another server.

The throughput should be limited by the working thread, right?

Thanks?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243129#4243129

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243129