[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - ManyToMany prob. with reading lists from entities

NSchweig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 13 05:14:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have got two Entities. Appointment and AppointmentOffer.
The relation is @ManyToMany.

Appointment.java
//bidirektional, inverse Seite
  | @ManyToMany(fetch=FetchType.EAGER,mappedBy="appointments",cascade=CascadeType.MERGE)
  | @IndexColumn(name="INDEX_COL")
  | private List<AppointmentOffer> appointmentOffers= new ArrayList<AppointmentOffer>();

AppointmentOffer.java
  | //bidirektional, besitzende Seite
  | @ManyToMany(fetch=FetchType.EAGER)
  | @IndexColumn(name="INDEX_COL")
  | private List<Appointment> appointments = new ArrayList<Appointment>();

I have got two jsf-pages. One is first reading the appointmentOffers and then reading the list with appointments from this offers:

show_appointment_offers.xhtml
  | <rich:dataTable value="#{appointmentBeanInst.appointmentOffers}" var="appOffer">
  | <rich:column>
  |  <h:outputText value="#{appOffer.id}" />
  | </rich:column>
  | <rich:column>
  | <h:dataTable value="#{appOffer.appointments}" var="app">
  | <h:column>
  |  <h:outputText value="#{app.title}" />
  | </h:column>
  | </rich:column>
  | </rich:dataTable>

The second pages tries to do the same with the appointments:
show_appointments.xhtml
<rich:dataTable value="#{appointmentBeanInst.freeAppointments}" var="appointment" >
  | <rich:column sortBy="#{appointment.title}">
  |  <h:outputText value="#{appointment.title}" />
  | </rich:column>
  | <rich:column>
  | <h:dataTable value="#{appointment.appointmentOffers}" var="appOffer">
  | <h:column>
  |  <h:outputText value="#{appOffer.title}" />
  | </h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

The problem is that in the second page only one of the appointmentOffers is shown (in the list is only one appointmentOffer). I do not understand this. The only difference between the first and the second page is that appointmentOffer is the owner side. Is that the reason? How can I solve this?

Thanks for your hints.
NSchweig

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243195#4243195

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243195