[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Php on JBoss?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 13 16:49:25 EDT 2009

What do you mean by 'Native' and 'Web'? If you mean JBoss Web or JBoss Native, neither of those will work either.

The issue is that Quercus translates database connection requests into a call to the corresponding JDBC driver, but then attempts to cast a Driver object to a DataSource. Works OK if the Driver object also implements the DataSource, but doesn't work so well if ti does not, and in MySQL it does not.

When you run Quercus within Resin, there is a Resin-specific class that overrides the connection mechanism and looks up a data source from Resin's connection pool and provides that, and then the cast to a DataSource passes.

As a quick fix kludge, I have considered replacing the connection code with a JNDI lookup of the datasource; of course I'd have to change the my PHP code to pass the datasource JNDI name to the mysql_connect() function. As more correct solution would be to provide a JBoss-specific wrapper for the connection mechanism, like what Resin supplies.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243393#4243393

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243393