[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - How to call external service(Third party api) from Enterpris

chandras do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 14 02:35:13 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I have few questions on EJB3.0 with JBOSS Application server.
We use EJB3.0 with JBOSS in our application.
Here we have a requirement to use third party APIs for one of the business logic module.
Queries:
(a)Can we start this third party API as a separate service from EJB?
   I would like to call third party service from session bean and this third part service could use its own threads.

(b)Can we start third party service explicitly from the container?
 We are looking ways to start these services explicit to the web /EJB container.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Chandra

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243425#4243425