[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Installing a context leads to resolve of other unrelated

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 15 11:24:03 EDT 2009

"alesj" wrote :
  | Or how else are you gonna know what and when something can be moved?

Isn't that the job of the deployers (ex: BeanMetadataDeployer) to install (which internally will move it to various states) the specific context(s)?

"alesj" wrote :
  | e.g. you might have some implicit dependencies
  | * some bean sets some static flag, the other one inspects that as its dependency
  | * we put something into JNDI, something else tries to pull that out

Shouldn't an implicit dependency be turned (by some piece of code) into an explicit dependency? For #1, the other bean is actually depending on the "some bean" for the static flag, so shouldn't this dependency be created explicitly? Same holds for #2

"alesj" wrote :
  | Not to mention it would be too much + duplicated work to check for only those which might be affected by this new install / move.
  | Whereas this is simple, but pretty much bullet proof concept.

Looking at what resolveContexts does:
1) Get "all" possible From and To states
2) Try to resolve "all" contexts for each of these From state to To state
3) #2 internally involves resolving dependencies of each of these contexts
4) Install any resolved contexts

Isn't this expensive (correct me if i am wrong) and is being done for every context being installed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4243825#4243825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4243825