[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - HA-JNDI for JMS

jgreiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 20 10:45:02 EDT 2009

HA JNDI and JMS

JBoss 4.3

I have 2 clusters that I need to publish a topic on.   I can get it all working setting the environment variables for the initial context and giving it the server names.

  | Hashtable<String, String> env = new Hashtable<String, String>();
  | env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | env.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming=org.jnp.interfaces");
  | env.put("java.naming.provider.url","server1:1100,server2:1100");

However I do not want to hard code server names in my code.   Is it possible to add a HA-JNDI jms connection data source that i can then look up on the server?   From my readings it seems possible, but I have been unable to find an example of setting up a hajndi jms connection or good documentation.

I would like to keep my default jms provider as well so that I do not break any existing code.   If someone could provide me some direction or point me to some GOOD documentation I would appreciate it.

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244667#4244667

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244667