[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Failsafe RMI

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 16:08:15 EDT 2009

Hi Goldi,

"goldi" wrote :
  | - SSB from JBoss2 tries to call SSB on JBoss1 and JBoss1 is down
  | + how to retry the call?
  |
  | - SSB from JBoss2 calls SSB on JBoss1 and the connection gets lots during the call
  | + how to retry the call?

Well, Remoting can retry an invocation in the event of a network failure, but I suspect you're better off handling the failure at the application level.

"goldi" wrote :
  | - SSB from JBoss2 calls SSB on JBoss1, SSB on JBoss1 changes things in the DB after that the connection between the two JBoss gets lost
  | + how to rollaback the changes in the database?

Here you want to look into transactions.  If you're not familiar with the O'Reilly book Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 by Bill Burke (who works for JBoss) and Richard Monson-Haefel, that's a good source.

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244433#4244433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244433