[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - EAR file with Utility Module

margotmedia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 15:23:49 EDT 2009

I have an application with a single MDB .jar file and 3 Utility Module .jar files.  The utility projects are set up to appear in the EAR under the /lib directory.  The first time the EAR file is deployed to the server, the /lib directory is populated correctly.  However, if I change my source code and republish to the server, the /lib directory is not present!  If I remove the EAR file from the server, then re-add it, the /lib directory is created properly.

The first time, it looks like this:

  | MyEar.ear
  |   |- /lib
  |   |  |- Utility1.jar
  |   |  |- Utility2.jar
  |   |  |- Utility3.jar
  |   |- /META-INF
  |   |  |- MANIFEST.MF
  |   |- MyMDB.jar

If I change the code in MyMDB.jar, the EAR file is generated like:

  | MyEar.ear
  |   |- /META-INF
  |   |  |- MANIFEST.MF
  |   |- MyMDB.jar

with the obvious class path problems by not having the utility jar files present.  I am using a fresh install of Eclipse 3.5 and JBoss Tools 3.1.0 M2.  Has anyone else seen this problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244427#4244427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244427