[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Does Developer Studio 2.0 work with AS 5.1?

jorge@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 13:22:35 EDT 2009

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, I'm new not only to JBDS but also to Eclipse, JBoss, Hibernate, etc. I have been using NetBeans with Glassfish and TopLink for the last few years. I bought JBDS because I thought it was an easy way to start using a new (and more popular) environment where I have no experience at all. But now I find JBDS to be a bit “outdated”: it uses JDK 1.5 and JBoss AS 4.3 (a J2EE 1.4 application server) even though AS 5 (Java EE 5) was released last year and JDK 1.6 has been around for quite a while. Perhaps this is not the right time for me to move to JBoss. I tried but couldn’t find a JBDS development roadmap. I guess an updated version should be available soon.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244398#4244398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244398