[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Eviction problems: Thread executing before specified time an

andresp21 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 00:32:07 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

I'm testing JBoss Cache Cascabel on JBoss AS 5 and Mac OSX. I tried to do a simple proof of concept specifying a LRU eviction algorithm and a wakeUpInterval equal to 10 seconds. However, I'm struggling with the following issues:

1. The eviction thread is executing in half of the specified time. For instance, I set the wakeUpInterval parameter to 10 000 (10 sec) but I see in the log files that it is executed every 5 seconds.

2. The LRU is removing the wrong nodes, in this case, is removing the MOST Recently Used nodes, not the LEAST recently used nodes, as it is supposed to be.

Find below the config file I'm using.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <jbosscache xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="urn:jboss:jbosscache-core:config:3.1">
  |
  | <transaction transactionManagerLookupClass="org.jboss.cache.transaction.GenericTransactionManagerLookup"/>
  |
  |    <eviction wakeUpInterval="10000">
  |
  |       <default algorithmClass="org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUAlgorithm" eventQueueSize="200000">
  |          <property name="maxNodes" value="5000" />
  |          <property name="timeToLive" value="1000000" />
  |       </default>
  |
  |       <region name="/users">
  |          <property name="maxNodes" value="5" />
  |          <property name="timeToLive" value="1000" />
  |       </region>
  |
  |    </eviction>
  | </jbosscache>

Thank you all in advance. Greetings,