[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: From Servlet Standalone Tomcat to EJB on JBoss

GFEMajor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 16 09:37:29 EDT 2009

OK, i feel sorry that i did not mention my configuration.

I use (standalone) Tomcat 6.0.20 and JBoss 4.3.

I read the FAQ:

"FAQ" wrote :
  | Q10: Why isn't my authentication info picked up from the JNDI InitialContext
  |
  | A10: Because there is no reason for it. You have to use an InitialContextFactory implementation that supports this. See the Available InitialContext Factories section, and LoginInitialContextFactory or JndiLoginInitialContextFactory in particular.

Because i am using JBoss 4.3 the "org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory" should work, but this is not my Problem. When i use the code from my Post #1, i can log me in and use my EJB.
The Problem is, that i'm trying to authenticate against the standalone tomcat (servlet) and later, i try to call an EJB from that servlet, but tomcat does not populate the logged in user to JBoss, so i have to login a secound time to JBoss, with the code from post#1.
I try to avoid the secound login to JBoss, so that tomcat automaticly logs in into JBoss with the principal logged in on tomcat, and the question was, if this is possible (and how :-)).

"Wolfgang Knauf" wrote :
  | See this forum thread for more details: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198157

Sorry, but this thread does not help me, because alsways there must be the principal and password known, but i only get the principals name from the tomcat session.

(@Wolfgang Knauf: if you do not understand my problem (or i don't understand your solution ;-)), maybe you can send me an email to gfemajor2  [at]   gmx.de and we could talk in german :-))

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244089#4244089

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244089