[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM2 cluster fails under heavy load

adridi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 22 22:29:23 EDT 2009

I have set a cluster of 2 nodes, each node has it's own backup.
Each pair (Live/backup) is installed in a 64bits Linux box.
Configuration of 4 nodes is the same except "backup" is set to false in each live node.

In each node I have 102 distributed queues; A producer produces message to an InBoundQueue in each node and a consumer
consuming messages from the InBoundQueue and distributes them over the 100 queues depending on the message content, each queue of the 100 ones
has a consumer that consumes messages and copy them to a common distributed outBoundQueue.
I have a consumer producer per Queue except for the outBound queue where I have a pool of 100 producer and 1 consumer

The InBoundQueue producer has a rate of 500msg/s which leads to a 1000msg/s for the cluster.

After 30 min of running, I had the following error:

  | Jul 22, 2009 6:37:11 PM org.jboss.messaging.core.logging.Logger warn
  | WARNING: Connection failure has been detected Did not receive data from server (or ping).:3
  | 18:37:42,055 ERROR @Thread-12 (group:JBM-client-global-threads-621631806) [SmppQueueListener] Exception in onMessage():
  | javax.jms.JMSException: Timed out waiting for response when sending packet 43
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.remoting.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl$ChannelImpl.sendBlocking(RemotingConnectionImpl.java:1155)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientSessionImpl.commit(ClientSessionImpl.java:420)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.jms.client.JBossMessage.acknowledge(JBossMessage.java:969)
  |         at com.clairmail.test.happypath.SmppQueueListener.onMessage(SmppQueueListener.java:56)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.jms.client.JMSMessageListenerWrapper.onMessage(JMSMessageListenerWrapper.java:97)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl.callOnMessage(ClientConsumerImpl.java:670)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl.access$100(ClientConsumerImpl.java:41)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.client.impl.ClientConsumerImpl$Runner.run(ClientConsumerImpl.java:787)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.utils.OrderedExecutorFactory$OrderedExecutor$1.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:105)
  |         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
  |         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
  | Caused by: MessagingException[errorCode=3 message=Timed out waiting for response when sending packet 43]

then the system failover took over for 5 min or so then all connections were destroyed.

I Followed Tim's docs (CH.36 and 37) to set the cluster and the backup nodes.
Do you think it's the network switched that's causing the problem?
Thought I have 1G switch.

Thanks,
Abdel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245446#4245446