[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Dynamic queues

jmesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 22 06:47:54 EDT 2009

"bendg25" wrote : Hi,

yes http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html/management.html#d0e4803

anonymous wrote :
  | 2) Can these dynamic queues be persistent

these queues will be durable (their messages will be persisted).
However, when the server is restarted, they won't be bound to JNDI.

anonymous wrote :
  | 3) Can these dynamic queues be told to use a security manager?

I'm not sure to understand your question.
JBM 2.0 defines a security manager http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html/security.html

anonymous wrote :
  | 4) Do expired messages get moved straight to the DLQ, ie. immediately?

Expiration is not immediate (as it'd require to scan in permanence the queues, slowing down the server).
A expiry reaper periodically moves the expired messages to the DLQ
http://labs.jboss.com/file-access/default/members/jbossmessaging/freezone/docs/usermanual-2.0.0.beta3/html/message-expiry.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245260#4245260

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245260