[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: BerkeleyDB Deadlock Exception from JBoss Cache Loader: B

galder.zamarreno@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 22 03:35:08 EDT 2009

"niuxuetao_fiserv" wrote : I just realized that since I am using Pojo cache, I am not sure how Pojo cache creates the FQN when I pass a string id to the PojoCache.attach(String id,Object obj).

  | Suppose I pass id as "X/Y" what FQN will be really created?
  |
  | What will be the performance impact if I have 10-20 variations of "X" and for each X I have 1000,000 variations of "Y"?
  |
  | I thought Pojo cache would use X as FQN and Y as the map key when it invokes the core cache, which could be very wrong...
  |
  | How would I deal with the segmentation of the id strings when I am using Pojo cache for good performance?

No, the id is purely the FQN. It pays off to use several layers of FQN if you have a lot of objects so that these objects can be acted on concurrently. So, I'd suggest something like, this were Y is used as a bucket layer: X/Y/Z. So, you could have 10-20 diff X, 1000 Y buckets and within each Y, 1000 Z nodes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245201#4245201

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245201