[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Queue client failover solution while jboss5.1 crashed

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 24 04:45:49 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : As nobody answer my question on another post with different meaning subject,I created a new topic here.

shouting on lots of topics won't get you an answer any quicker. The development team are very busy but will get round to answering them in time. see below!

You are confusing redistribution with failover. Redistribution will automatically re route its messages when a queue has no consumer. In your case you are killing the node so obviously it cant redistribute. When it comes back up the messages are there so it just sends to the consumer when it reconnects.

What you want is failover. basically this requires a back up node being configured. Have a look at the automatic-failover and symmetric-cluster examples to see how this is done. Also read the section in the user manual.

anonymous wrote : I also keep getting this WARN message after I shutdown/restart 2nd server 3 times,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4245762#4245762

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4245762