[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - EJB3 and Hibernate second level cache with manytomany relati

angusm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 27 04:52:23 EDT 2009

I want to use the Hibernate Second level cache for EJB3 Entity beans. It works fine with simple Entitys, but in the case of many to many relations (for example the 'Relationships' tutorial) it does not work. I think that, at a Hibernate level, there is an explanation here:
http://www.javalobby.org/java/forums/t48846.html
But I can not see how to implement his suggestion at EJB3 level.
I suppose that what I am looking for is an annotation equivalent of
  <many-to-one name="parent" column="parent_id" class="Person"/>
  |   <set name="children">
  |    <key column="parent_id"/>
  |    <cache usage="read-write"/>
  |    <one-to-many class="Person"/>
  |   </set>

Specifically the <cache usage="read-write"/> bit.

Can anyone help? Thanks?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246124#4246124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246124