[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Need to hot deploy static content from WAR file

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 27 11:07:23 EDT 2009

anonymous wrote : I looked at that Exploded Deployment page and it seems so simple but doesn't really have clearly defined steps.

You'll find that 99% if the wiki pages assume you are doing things manually, only the JBoss Tools-related wiki pages or docs will have Eclipse-related directions. In general, I never let Eclipse compile, package or build anything - I delegate that to either Ant or Maven (depending on my mood). And even in Ant I follow the Maven steps - gather all files to place into the WAR into a single directory, and the jar that directory. Then I can easily deploy the WAR file, or the corresponding directory by using Ant's copy task.

anonymous wrote : I also tried to install JBoss tools about 10 times - each getting some dependency error

If you downloaded Eclipse for Java EE Developers, then for JBoss Tools you can select everything except the BIRT tools. Then there should be no missing dependencies. (I haven't had a need for BIRT and so haven't bothered to figure out how to get it installed.) Also, you probably don't need all of the tools. Usually selecting just JBossAS Tools, and then optionally tools for technologies yoiu are using (HIbernate Tools,  JBoss Tools RichFaces, SEam Tools, etc) is all you really need.

anonymous wrote : I tried copying the war directory out of the temp folders into the deploy folder

Don't do that. Instead take your WAR file and unpack it. What I usually do is rename xxx.war to xxx.war.zip and then use the Extract capability on the file manager to extract the contents to the xxx.war directory. Then I copy the xxx.war directory to server/xxx/deploy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246224#4246224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246224