[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Metadata to workflow deployment

shekharv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 27 22:50:52 EDT 2009

Personally, I would avoid adding columns to the existing tables themselves, again this rule DOES not apply to all, but if anything were to change within jbpm you could be potentially impacted. Which could be a fairly big problem for some.

So coupling one's own data with jbpm is a little riskier. It is best if we can isolate them architecturally. Put the data in a custom table, then associate the entry in the custom table with the id from jbpm. Open to as much extension as you want. But only couples minimally,

For us this low coupling is fairly important, so we go in that direction, your needs might vary, but be aware of the tradeoffs before you commit to either approach,.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246318#4246318

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246318