[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: PostConstruct loadClass fails when porting to JBoss 5

jcstaff2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 10:01:29 EDT 2009

Andrew,

* Thanks for the specifics on why the handling of deployment descriptor whitespace changed. Yes, with a more-compliant application server schema, "I was adding the extra whitespace" - point taken.

* We are all set on the reading of a read-only resource.

* Tom Marrs wrote about 3 classloaders; system, current, and thread. He ruled out use of the first 2 for known reasons and then stated why you should use the later. This is what my code is doing; access the classloader through the current Thread.
anonymous wrote :
  | You gain access to the current Thread Context ClassLoader by calling Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader(). ... Use the Thread Context Class Loader for the following reasons:

* On the use of the reflection API and ClassLoader, the listed restrictions state that what I wanted to do with the ClassLoader was legal
anonymous wrote :
  | Contrary to common belief, most of the Java Reflection API can be used from EJB components. For example, loadClass() and invoke() can both be used by enterprise beans. Only certain reflection methods are forbidden.

Thanks for taking the time on this.

jim

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246717#4246717

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246717