[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: EAR file with Utility Module

margotmedia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 10:54:59 EDT 2009

@Max:
Created jira report at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-4676.

@Rob:
Each utility project is a separate Eclipse project; MyMDB and MyEar are a separate Eclipse projects as well.  Each utility project is set to go into the "lib" directory in the EAR configuration.

@Sanches:
I'm not using maven, so I didn't have any of the project setup (facet installation) issues, but the /lib directory not being populated sounds exactly the same :P

While I was walking through the steps to reproduce the issue, I noticed that different behavior was exhibited depending on the server type I was using.  If I used the "JBoss v5.0" server (under the "JBoss" group), it build a compressed .ear with the /lib directory missing.  If I used the "JBoss AS 5.1" server (under the "JBoss Community" group), then it build an exploded EAR with the Utility1.jar under the root.  I am not too familiar with exploded deployments, but I would expect the Utility1.jar file to appear under the MyEar.ear/lib directory.  Does that sound correct?

Thanks for the help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246730#4246730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246730