[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Encoding problem

mad_rug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 29 18:05:34 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm trying to fix an encoding problem, but so far, no success.

I want to work with UTF-8. I can store UTF-8 data (I use latin characters), read from the database and display it, without problems. The only issue is when form data is sent from the browser to the server. I use Spring Framework and Spring MVC, and the command objects that I get inside the server already have encoding issues ('á' becomes 'á').

What I already tried:
- my JSP encoding is set to UTF-8 by 'page' directive
- set encoding by  inside
- set encoding for  tags
- use URIEncoding for the connector in server.xml
- calling 'request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");' before getting the parameters from the request (command objects are assembled by the framework, so I tested it inside the 'onBind' method)

None of these solved the issue. Calling 'request.getCharacterEncoding();' returns null, so I guess I haven't found the right place to set the encoding.

Anyone can help me? Where do I have to set the encoding?

Many thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4246811#4246811

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4246811