[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: String being escaped

nicksyd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 31 10:07:02 EDT 2009

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. Let me correct something in my previous posting the result I'm getting is that the string is being escaped as follows

  | env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  |    <env:Header/>
  |    <env:Body>
  |       <roun:GetALifeResponse xmlns:roun="http://roundtrip.developerWorks.ibm.com">
  |          <GetALifeReturn xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  |             <deathday>2002-12-24T14:14:47.646Z</deathday>
  |             <birthday>1910-05-14T15:14:47.646Z</birthday>
  |             <ns_str:str xmlns:ns_str="http://roundtrip.developerWorks.ibm.com">&lt;![CDATA[&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>]]&gt;</ns_str:str>
  |          </GetALifeReturn>
  |       </roun:GetALifeResponse>
  |    </env:Body>
  | </env:Envelope>

The reality is that when I run this the character is getting escaped now I'm not sure whether my configuration is correct or not ? the only thing that really baffle me is that it works in WebSphere without any problem but it got escaped in JBoss and as I explained in my previous post going through the source code it does gets escaped the question is why ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247275#4247275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247275