[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Setting user's roles doesn't trigger Hibernate PreInsert or

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 1 16:32:43 EDT 2009

I am using JBoss Portal 2.7.0 CR1 on Windows, JDK5

I am logging JBoss Portal Admin usage via Hibernate Event listeners.

I have added the listeners to server\default\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\conf\hibernate\user\hibernate.cfg.xml:

  | <listener type="pre-update" class="mypackage.HibernateAuditLogListener"/>
  |       <listener type="pre-delete" class="mypackage.HibernateAuditLogListener"/>
  |       <listener type="pre-insert" class="mypackage.HibernateAuditLogListener"/>
  |       <listener type="pre-load" class="mypackage.HibernateAuditLogListener"/>

I am able to catch User creation, modification, Role creation modification etc.

But my PreUpdateListener or my PreInsertListener does NOT fire if I add a Role to a user's roles through the admin page:
Members -> User management -> search users -> roles -> ...select roles.... -> submit

Why doesn't my HibernateEventListener get fired when JBoss Portal saves the roles? How can I log setting the roles of a user?

Thanks,
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234570#4234570

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234570