[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re:

alskor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 2 13:53:28 EDT 2009

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | Looks like the com.starview.support.startup.Startup's instantiateClasses is trying to invoke some constructor? Can you post the relevant code? Also why is it that the application specific code is trying to instantiate this class?

here's that line, where exception is being thrown (line 516), although I don't think it would help:
                startupObject = withPropFileConstructor.newInstance(args);

the code loads some startup classes in that method and one of them requires a context initialization, which can't be performed because (I guess) the proper JAR file is not visible to the current classloader (why??).
It's an old legacy app and I can't really change much in this scheme. It works properly with Jboss 3.2.7.
My guess is I need to reference the jar file with that NamingContextFactory somewhere in Jboss config file. But it is already present in jboss common\lib\ folder and my current conf\jboss-service.xml has standard references to load default Jboss libs:

   <classpath codebase="${jboss.server.lib.url}" archives="*"/>
  |    <classpath codebase="${jboss.common.lib.url}" archives="*"/>

so, what could be a reason for this class not being visible?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4234781#4234781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4234781