[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Problem with encrypted passwords for an Oracle datasource

holgerb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 3 16:07:35 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I have a problem with using encrypted passwords with JBoss datasources.

I´ve been following this guide:
http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/EncryptingDataSourcePasswords

Here is the datasource:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <datasources>
  |   <xa-datasource>
  |       <jndi-name>epr-db</jndi-name>
  | 	<track-connection-by-tx/>
  | 	<isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
  | 	<xa-datasource-class>oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
  | 	 <xa-datasource-property name="URL">
  |             jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:xe
  |         </xa-datasource-property>
  | 	<!--
  | 	<xa-datasource-property name="User">epr</xa-datasource-property>
  | 	<xa-datasource-property name="Password">verlag</xa-datasource-property>
  | 	-->
  | 	 <security-domain>ePR-Password</security-domain>
  |   </xa-datasource>
  | </datasources>

I´ve commented the initial DB user and password out. If I use the user and password in clear-text the database connection works fine.

This is the security domain I´ve set up in the login-config.xml:

  |    <application-policy name="ePR-Password">
  |         <authentication>
  |             <login-module code="org.jboss.resource.security.SecureIdentityLoginModule" flag="required">
  |                 <module-option name="username">epr</module-option>
  |                 <module-option name="password">-2a049cd3108dc16b</module-option>
  |                 <module-option name="managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:name=epr-db,service=LocalTxCM</module-option>
  |             </login-module>
  |         </authentication>
  |     </application-policy>

The database I use is a locally running Oracle XE. The JBoss (Community Version 4.2.2GA) reports the following error:

  | 2009-06-03 21:08:57,203 ERROR [org.jboss.resource.security.AbstractPasswordCredentialLoginModule] The ConnectionManager mbean: jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=epr-db specified in a ConfiguredIdentityLoginModule could not be found. ConnectionFactory will be unusable!
  | ..

This causes that the deployment of all ear-files depending on the data source fails. I´m unshure if the service property for the module is correct but most examples for standard datasources look like this.

Does anyone have a clue what I´m doing wrong ?

TIA,
Holger

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235109#4235109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235109