[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JB Security + JB Identity

mad_rug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 4 16:20:38 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm developing a web application and was thinking of using Portal for it, but it is being ruled out for providing much more features that we do not need, and in fact may give us extra work. I do need user authentication, security, user roles and such, but there are no needs for portlets, WSRP, CMS, forums and most of other Portal features. We would need to remove many of them, and redesign it completely (we aim for a very simple design, no eye candy), almost trashing all its visual frontend.

Is it possible to quickly (and easily, I hope), integrate the security and identity projects with a generic web app, without further requirements or dependencies? I'm using JBoss AS 4.2.1, and will use JBoss Cache in the future.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235482#4235482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235482