[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JB Security + JB Identity

mad_rug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 4 17:51:10 EDT 2009

"PeterJ" wrote : What are you using for the user interface? Servlets/JSP? JSF? Something else? Basic web applications already provide security support.  For an intro, see http://www.moreservlets.com/Table-of-Contents.html, part III

I'm using Servlets/JSP/JSTL. It is a basic web app, but it is commercial (security is a key issue), and implementing/handling the security features is quite a task by itself. What I'm looking for is some kind of framework that can manage all these tasks... roles, user hierarchy, permissions, identity, session control, unauthorized access blocking, and that's pretty much what JBoss Portal offers out-of-the-box, creating the required DB structure and managing it.
That's why Portal interested me, but I was not allowed to use Portal as-is, so I wanted to take from it only the features we are interested in, and that's why I think Identity and Security can help me.
I know that the web front-end of it will be done by me, but handling lower level of it will be very helpful.

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4235500#4235500

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4235500