[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss AS Hibernate sources missing

gr28 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 5 05:52:06 EDT 2009

Hi,

We are currently using JBoss AS 4.2.1 GA. An update to a newer version is not possible due to JBoss WS changes.

Our JBoss distribution has a serious Hibernate bug that we want to fix. As found in the MANIFEST the Hibernate version that our JBoss uses is 3.2.4 SP1

I downloaded the source code from hibernate.org for exactly this version. Compiling works fine, but as I found out the original hiberante3.jar in my JBoss contains classes that are not included in the Hibernate source code. E.g. the following classes are missing in the Hibernate source code:

org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9iDialect
org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect

Does anybody know where to find this classes and why those are missing in my Hiberante version?

The manifest of the original hibernate3.jar shows the following:

Implementation-Title: Hibernate3
Specification-Vendor: JBoss (http://www.jboss.org/)
Specification-Version: 4.2.1.GA
Implementation-Vendor-Id: http://www.jboss.org/