[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Possible failure to cleanup connection when returned to

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 8 08:22:33 EDT 2009

I assume by "transaction level" you mean the transaction isolation level.

I know in the past Oracle had problems with changing the transaction isolation level.
It only allowed it if you hadn't executed any other queries.

That's probably changed since I last looked at it, which was a while ago?

Having said that, I'd guess your problem (from what I understand of the description)
is that WrappedConnection.setTransactionIsolation() is not checking whether
the connection is in the correct auto commit state.

  |    public void setTransactionIsolation(int isolationLevel) throws SQLException
  |    {
  |       lock();
  |       try
  |       {
  |          checkStatus();
  |          mc.setJdbcTransactionIsolation(isolationLevel);
  |       }
  |       finally
  |       {
  |          unlock();
  |       }
  |    }

If that is true then changing checkStatus() to be checkTransaction()
would solve the problem. i.e. it would make sure the physical connection
is in the same autocommit state as the logical connection before trying to
change the isolation level.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236012#4236012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236012