[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: EJB-Injection from JSF in JBoss 4.2.2

NSchweig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 9 04:44:45 EDT 2009

Hi,

I now work with JBoss 5 but I thinks the following is the solution for 4.2.2 If you have any problems with that please ask again.

in EJB "ShopWebSiteBean":

public @Stateless class ShopWebSiteBean implements ShopWebSite {

  | 	public static final String RemoteJNDIName =  ShopWebSiteBean.class.getSimpleName() + "/remote";
  |
  | ..}

from JSF-ManagedBean: "ShopBean":

private ShopWebSite getShopWebSiteBean() {
  | 		try {
  | 			InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  | 			return (ShopWebSite) ctx.lookup("ShopWebSiteBean/remote");
  | 		} catch (Exception e) {
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 			throw new RuntimeException("couldn't lookup ShopWebSiteBean", e);
  | 		}
  | 	}

Hope it helps,
NSchweig