[jboss-user] [Remoting] - javax.jms.JMSException: Failure on underlying remoting conne

KrisFra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 9 16:22:14 EDT 2009

JBoss EAP 4.3.0.GA_CP02
JBoss Messaging 1.4.0.SP3-CP03
JBoss Remoting 2.2.2.SP9

My client code is setup to consume messages from the testQueue in the out-of-the-box installation of the aforementioned EAP.  Also, I have a javax.jms.ExceptionListener callback setup to monitor the connection.  Another client begins sending messages to testQueue and my client consumes them ... all is working well.  However, the exception listener's onException callback appears to be spuriously called for no apparent reason.  If I ignore the spurious callbacks, I can just continue consuming messages as if no problem ever occurred.  However, I would like to use the callback to indicate that I really do have a lost connection which cannot be ignored!  I have logged these callbacks and they are coming randomly every 30 seconds to 10 minutes apart.  remoting-bisocket-service.xml contains ...

   <!-- Standard bisocket connector - the bisocket transport only opens connection from client->server
        so can be used with firewalls where only outgoing connections are allowed.
        For examples of HTTP and SSL transports see docs/examples -->
   <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
          name="jboss.messaging:service=Connector,transport=bisocket"
          display-name="Bisocket Transport Connector">

               <!-- There should be no reason to change these parameters - warning!
                    Changing them may stop JBoss Messaging working correctly -->
               org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat
               org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat
               jms
               false
               ${jboss.bind.address}
               4457
               org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper
               org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.ServerSocketWrapper

               1
               214748364
               10
               org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.DirectThreadPool
               <!-- End immutable parameters -->

               true

               <!-- Periodicity of client pings. Server window by default is twice this figure -->
               <!-- 10000 -->
               3600000

               <!-- added by KMF -->
               10000
               5000
               false

	       0

               <!-- Number of seconds to wait for a connection in the client pool to become free -->
               10

               <!-- Max Number of connections in client pool. This should be significantly higher than
                    the max number of sessions/consumers you expect -->
               200

               <!-- The maximum time to wait before timing out on trying to write a message to socket for delivery -->
               10000

               <!-- Use these parameters to specify values for binding and connecting control connections to
                    work with your firewall/NAT configuration
               xyz
               abc
               -->

               org.jboss.jms.server.remoting.JMSServerInvocationHandler

Being a JBoss novice, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a configuration issue because this seems like basic funtionality.  As you might observe in the configuration above, I have tried the workaround given here ... https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/SOA-835

Is there anyone that can give me some advice on how to make these exceptions go away?  Thanks for your help!
Kris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236504#4236504

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236504