[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Enable message size Greater than 4KB

paul.robinson@arjuna.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 10 10:23:04 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using jBPM 3.2.5.SP5 within SOA-P 4.3.0CP01 with a "BpmProcessor" action. I pass the BODY_CONTENT of my esb message to the jBPM process. My ESB message is 5KB.

When i try to pass a message to the jBPM process action, I get an error stating that:

  | ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] ERROR: value too long for type character varying(4000)

So I'm guessing that due to the DB schema I can only have messages up-to 4KB in size. I retried with a 3.9KB message and the problem did not appear.

I have noticed that I can run the same scenario, with 5KB messages, in "SOA-P 4.3.0CP01.CR2" which uses jBPM 3.2.5.SP1 without seeing the error. So, I assumed that the DB schema has changed between these jBPM versions. I did some searching on this forum and Jira and I can see that there has been quite a few changes to field sizes, in the DB schema, recently. I also notice that people have been having a number of problems that has caused some field sizes to be changed back in subsequent jBPM versions.

Can anyone tell me if there is an elegant way of allowing 5KB messages, without hacking the DB schema directly?

Thanks a lot,

Paul.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4236749#4236749

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4236749