[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi] - OSGi + EE code in the same JAR ?

VincentGR do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 11 11:16:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a part of my application that must run on OSGi. However I would like to enjoy the pleasures of WS stack, JPA, etc.

Let's say I package a JAR that contains
- WebService annotations
- OSGi Manifest entries + an activator class

I drop this jar in the /server/default/deploy dir of my JbossAS5 server.

1. How will my classes be loaded in memory: by OSGi or by the Jboss class loader ?
2. Will my WebService be deployed by JbossWS, and if yes, how will it have access to my classes if they have been deployed by OSGi ?

I am quite new to JBoss classloader and deployers. But from what I have understood, JBoss classloaded and OSGi classloader are incompatibles ? Is it possible to have a JAR inspected by several deployers (I don't know exactly how they work) ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237058#4237058

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237058