[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - How to add a new server in a cluster?`

Else do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 12 14:56:53 EDT 2009

For messaging-2.0.0.BETA1 document in "37.1.2. Synchronization of live-backup pairs" chapter it's said that we need copy-paste the data for persistent storage between live and backup.

For the load balance cluster, do we also have that requirement? If we want to add a new server to the existing running cluster, do we need to copy the data from the existing cluster member to the new one?

Further more,  do we support RDB or share folder for this feature? if true we don't need copy-paste manually.

BTW: if we don't have backup server in a cluster, then the cluster cannot bear server crashed? We provide two or more servers and then we cannot stop anyone? I don't think it makes sense.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237362#4237362

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237362