[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: How to add a new server in a cluster?`

clebert.suconic@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 12 18:46:43 EDT 2009

Failover is different than load balancing. Failover is aways an exact copy of the live node, so whenever your server fails clients can fail over to the backup. While another node sharing load on the cluster will be a different server.

That text is saying that you need to keep live and backup equal.. that's all.

We don't support shared folder on it, because we manually control the replication.

I'm not sure what you mean by RDB. (not sure you meant RDBMS or that old Oracle database). But we decided by the journal from JBM 2 on, since it's a much faster approach.

anonymous wrote : BTW: if we don't have backup server in a cluster, then the cluster cannot bear server crashed? We provide two or more servers and then we cannot stop anyone? I don't think it makes sense.

If you need failover, you could just provide backup nodes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237401#4237401

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237401