[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Does jboss store java.naming.provider.url

newmanw10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jun 13 12:37:25 EDT 2009

I have a method that sends messages to a jms queue and this method can be called inside and outside the appserver.

In that method I need to create an InitialContext to lookup the jms queue.  This is great from within the appserver because when I create the InitialContext the PROVIDER_URL is already set.

I am hoping that there is a system property that I can lookup.  That way I can also set that system property in my app that runs outside the server and I don't need to change the method.

I.E.

  | Properties p = new Properties()
  | // This works because this system property seems to be set by jboss
  | p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, System.getProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY));
  | // This does not work becuase this property is not set
  | p.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, System.getProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL));

So as you can see from the code it does not seem jboss stores the PROVIDER_URL system property the same way it store the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY.  Which seems wrong because jboss should know its own URL.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237451#4237451

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237451