[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - How to replace CacheJmxWrapper with JmxRegistrationManager i

alex-jboss69 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 15 11:32:23 EDT 2009

I am using Jboss Cache Core 3.1.0 and Jboss 5.1.

Here is what I need to do:
1 - Deploy the cache using a xml "-jboss-beans.xml" descriptor.
2 - This descriptor must register the cache with the MBeanServer.
3 - Retrieve the cache in my code so I am able to use it.

I am currently doing this as described in section 5.4.2.2 of the documentation ("JMX-Based Deployment in JBoss AS (JBoss AS 5.x)").

<!-- JMX Management -->
  | <bean name="ExampleCacheJmxWrapper" class="org.jboss.cache.jmx.CacheJmxWrapper">
  |    <annotation>@org.jboss.aop.microcontainer.aspects.jmx.JMX(name="jboss.cache:service=myCache", exposedInterface=org.jboss.cache.jmx.CacheJmxWrapperMBean.class, registerDirectly=true)</annotation>
  |
  |    <constructor>
  |    </constructor>
  | </bean>

Then I retrieve the cache using the following code:

MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  | ObjectName on = new ObjectName("jboss.cache:service=myCache");
  | @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  | CacheJmxWrapperMBean<Object, Object> cacheWrapper = (CacheJmxWrapperMBean<Object, Object>) MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(server, on, CacheJmxWrapperMBean.class, false);
  | Cache cache = cacheWrapper.getCache();

It works, but I am using the CacheJmxWrapper and CacheJmxWrapperMBean classes, which are deprecated. The java doc says that the JmxRegistrationManager should be used instead. Can anyone help with that ? The documentation is out of date.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237689#4237689

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237689