[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Completely confused by client failover

chtimi2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 15 12:15:18 EDT 2009

First i will explain my use case so that you can get a general sense of what i'm trying to do:

1/ Use case
I have a clustered JBoss 5.1.0 ear application (with default JBM so 1.4?).
A Swing application is connected to both nodes and receives JMS notifications via a ClusteredXAConnectionFactory. When one of of the nodes fails, the other detects the change in topology and posts a "LostNode" message on a topic which the client listens to.

2/ Problem
The failover sometimes works, sometimes not (maybe depending on which node the connection was last pointing to?)

3/ Things i'm confused about:
* The FailoverOnNodeLeave attribute in oracle-persistence-service.xml. From what i read it forces same failover on Ctrl-C as on brutal kill-9 or crash?

* Do i have to do anything in the client (interceptor, exception listener,...)? I'm getting mixed messages, so is the failover transparent or not? If it's not, what do i need to do (the connection is injected via Spring if it makes any difference)

* Does specifying ClusteredXAConnectionFactory/ClusteredConnectionFactory/others in the client make any difference? I don't see what XA or not would change for a remote client but i could be horribly wrong?

Any examples of a transparently reconnecting client? I see only xml files in the JBoss messaging examples directory?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237704#4237704

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237704