[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Interface inheritence / SessionContext.getInvokedBusinessInt

rmz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 08:26:43 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering the following problem. I have six interfaces in order to access a Stateful Session Bean, say a bean named "Person". The interface inheritence structure is:

IPerson
  | |
  | --- IPersonInt
  | |    |
  | |    ---- IPersonIntRemote
  | |    |
  | |    ---- IPersonIntLocal
  | |
  | --- IPersonRemote
  | |
  | --- IPersonLocal

The bean class Person is declared to implement IPersonLocal, IPersonRemote, IPersonIntLocal and IPersonIntRemote, including the corresponding @Local and @Remote annotations. Also, for the local and remote interfaces the corresponding annotations are in place.

The problem now is that whatever real interface is used to call the Person bean, SessionContext.getInvokedBusinessInterface() always returns IPerson. In particular, I cannot distinguish between local and remote calls.

I have to say, my experience is quite limited but I would consider this a bug in the code that generates the client stub classes. The spec requires this method to deliver the invoking interface.

Please share your opinions on this issue with me. Maybe there is another way to identify whether the bean has been called remotely or locally?

Thanks,
-Rainer

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237886#4237886

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237886