[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Running JBoss as non-root user while listening on ports

yiskenderoglu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 10:44:00 EDT 2009

I have an ugly solution to make org.jboss.Main start inside jsvc by calling it in another class that implements the commons.Daemon interface.

The idea is, to extract contents from run.jar, and merge it back with your own class, and adding commons-daemon to the classpath, among with the newly prepared run.jar and sun's tools.jar, and give them all to jsvc.

You must write a new Manifest for this jar, as the one from run.jar will probably vanish.

BUT

I have other newâ„¢ problems by doing so:
SOAP is no longer working as expected, marshalling of objects produces empty results. And God knows, what else is no longer working...

Even though I double checked if I miss some options run.sh is producing....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4237966#4237966

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4237966