[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Tuning Cache for optimum memory

sudarshanacharya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 16 12:58:49 EDT 2009

I am using JBoss Cache 3.1.0 "Cascabel", with a single node, with mostly default configuration but this:

         location=/tmp/mycache

This is causing a memory leak in my application, with the old generation full every few days and the full Gc doesn't collect it, leading to bigger problems.

Heap dump shows that there are millions of cached objects in memory (), and thousands of ConcurrentHashMap, Weakreference and SoftReference instances.

This probably isn't a bug with JBoss cache. But what are the major parameters that I should tune so that don't have the memory leak.

I have done through the docs several times, but I am looking for best practices and guildelines.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4238012#4238012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4238012